Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Lukashenka: Belarus ready to become Shanghai Cooperation Organization's "western gate"
Belarus is ready to expand relations with China and the SCO.
- Lukashenka: All-Belarusian People's Assembly is real mechanism of grass-roots democracy
The All-Belarusian People's Assembly is a real mechanism of grass-roots democracy, Alyaksandr Lukashenka said Wednesday in his opening address at the fifth edition of the event held at the Palace of the Republic in Minsk.
- Permanent council of pro-democracy organizations to be established in Belarus
- KGB completes investigation into charges against businessman Yapryntsaw, his son
- Opposition organizations drawing up preliminary lists of parliamentary hopefuls
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Opposition activists stage Chernobyl anniversary march in Minsk
- Firefighters hold stair-climbing race in Minsk
- Writer Aleksiyevich attends launch event for collection of her interviews, speeches
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
Public transport fares raised in Minsk
Minsk’s urban public transport fares were raised on April 2.
A trip in the subway and by bus, trackless trolley and streetcar now costs 850 rubels instead 700 rubels before.
The price of a month’s ticket for all types of public transport increased to 60,350 rubels ($19.5).
The new fares have already been approved by the economy ministry and are to be put into effect by a directive of the Minsk City Executive Committee, the news agency said.
The previous increase in Minsk’s public transport fares occurred on March 1, 2010, when the city authorities raised the price of a one-trip ticket from 600 to 700 rubels. //BelaPAN