Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Minsk City Council approves appointment of Andrey Shorats as head of Minsk city government
Mr. Shorats was appointed to the position by Alyaksandr Lukashenka on November 6. He replaced Mikalay Ladutska...
- Valery Fralow dies at 67
Valery Fralow, a prominent opposition figure and retired military general, has died a sudden death in Minsk at the age of 67.
- Economic growth is not top priority this year, prime minister says
- Russian filmmaker Govorukhin gets Lukashenka’s spirituality award
- Belarusian Party of Greens may nominate its own presidential contender
- Left-wing groups set to hold social forum in Minsk this month
- Young commissioned officer shoots himself dead in military unit in Brest region
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN