Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- High-ranking EU official meets with Belarusian civil society activists
Helga Schmid, deputy secretary general at the European External Action Service, met with representatives of Belarus’ civil society in Minsk.
- Belarus receives 14 Syrian refugees
Three refugee families from Syria arrived at Minsk National Airport on Monday to stay in Belarus within the framework of a project...
- Biathlon Youth and Junior World Championships draw to close near Minsk
- US State Department’s envoy to visit Belarus this week
- Lukashenka meets with EEAS deputy secretary general
- EU foreign ministers, Brussels officials expected to visit Minsk soon
- Poroshenko upbeat about relations with Belarus
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
- Minsk adorned by New Year illumination
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN