Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Authorities set to change university admission rules
The government is drawing up a presidential edict that will introduce changes to the rules of admission to schools of higher learning and vocational schools.
- Prominent businessman Uladzimir Yaprytsaw, his son Kazbek may be sentenced to 10 years in prison
Uladzimir and Kazbek Yapryntsaw were arrested in August last year.
- Permanent council of pro-democracy organizations to be established in Belarus
- KGB completes investigation into charges against businessman Yapryntsaw, his son
- Opposition organizations drawing up preliminary lists of parliamentary hopefuls
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Opposition activists stage Chernobyl anniversary march in Minsk
- Firefighters hold stair-climbing race in Minsk
- Writer Aleksiyevich attends launch event for collection of her interviews, speeches
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN