Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Lukashenka defends cautious stance on Crimea
Alyaksandr Lukashenka has defended his cautious reaction to the annexation of Ukraine's Crimea by Russia.
- Lukashenka claims that Yanukovych financed Right Sector
Viktor Yanukovych and his inner circle financed Right Sector, Alyaksandr Lukashenka claimed Friday in Minsk.
- Lukashenka modest about his role in Ukraine peace efforts
- Lukashenka acknowledges lack of state ideology in Belarus
- Opposition politician Marynich dies at 74
- Lukashenka hits out at Russia for its tax move
- There are between up to 30,000 Ukrainian refugees in Belarus, Lukashenka says
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
- Forest protection workers take to skies to detect wildfires
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN