Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Rights activist Bandarenka gets three years in prison
No grounds for calling Andrey Bandarenka political prisoner, rights defender says...
- Presidents of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia and, possibly, Ukraine expected to have talks soon
The presidents of the Customs Union troika and, possibly, Ukraine, will soon have a series of meetings.
- Poland may invest in food plants in Belarus amid Russia`s food ban
- United Civic Party blames Russia for Ukraine crisis
- Mother of executed Pavel Selyun collects his belongings
- Authorities lift restrictions on import of animals from EU over virus outbreaks
- United States welcomes Minsk talks on Ukraine crisis
- Forest protection workers take to skies to detect wildfires
- Heat in Minsk drives people to beaches
- Vintage motorcycles on show near Minsk
- German MP says that she is in favor of cooperation with Belarus but will not forget about political prisoners
- Slavyanski Bazar festival ends with gala concert in Vitsyebsk
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN