Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Karatkevich asks election authorities to invalidate vote results
Tatsyana Karatkevich on Wednesday formally requested the central election commission to invalidate the results of Belarus' October 6-11 presidential election.
- EU foreign ministers agree to suspend sanctions against Belarus
At their meeting in Luxembourg on Monday, the European Union’s foreign ministers agreed to provisionally suspend the bloc’s restrictive measures against the Belarusian authorities.
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Lukashenka warns of crackdown on further unsanctioned opposition protests
- Karatkevich votes for herself
- Lukashenka promises no shift in economic policy
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN