Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- European Parliament's rapporteur recommends suspension of travel bans against Belarusian officials
Justas Paleckis, the European Parliament's rapporteur on Belarus, has recommended the suspension of the visa ban against key Belarusian officials...
- Belarusian Language Society raises over $2,300 to pay rent
The Francisak Skaryna Belarusian Language Society (BLS) has raised about 20 million rubels ($2,312) in public donations within 10 days to pay the rent for its office...
- Belarusian laws, policies restrict religious freedom, US report says
- Secretary general expresses hope that Belarus will join Council of Europe
- OSCE representative on media freedom to visit Belarus in June
- Opposition politician, rights defender question European Parliament rapporteur`s recommendations
- Lukashenka alleges fraud in Eurovision voting
- Emmelie de Forest from Denmark won Eurovision
- Belarus has to achieve more to draw closer to rich countries, Foreign Minister Makey says
- Swedish rights defenders demonstrate against world hockey championship in Belarus
- Paval Sevyarynets uses leave of absence from correctional facility to take part in Bible copying campaign
- In pictures: Students, faculty of Belarusian State University commemorate Great Patriotic War veterans
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN