Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Russia bans products of nine Belarusian meat-packing companies
This decision was made as a result of extensive efforts to monitor the quality of Belarusian food.
- Minsk City Council approves appointment of Andrey Shorats as head of Minsk city government
Mr. Shorats was appointed to the position by Alyaksandr Lukashenka on November 6. He replaced Mikalay Ladutska...
- Two Russian brothers charged with attempted escape from custody following incident at Minsk courthouse
- Young opposition activist Haydukow released after being charged with minor offense
- Driver runs over and kills nine-year-old girl in Lida, police find the body in his van
- Russian woman crowned Mrs. World as representative of Belarus
- Lukashenka: I may become university professor after leaving my office
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN