Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Domestic violence claims lives of 24 people in Belarus in first three months of 2014
About 80 percent of people who used violence at home were intoxicated, about 35 percent of them had previous convictions...
- Paznyak accuses Lukashenka of complicity in Russia’s aggression against Ukraine
“Russia de facto controls everything in Belarus,” said Mr. Paznyak
- Lukashenka has phone conversation with Polish prime minister
- Belarusian business delegation staying in Turkmenistan
- Foreign minister cautious over possible mediation between Russia, Ukraine
- Cabinet approves loan agreement with Russia
- Director general, deputy director general of Slutsk Meat-Packing Plant arrested
- Leader of Belarusian Popular Front warns of Russia's possible military intervention in Belarus
- Images of Slucak sashes appear on commemorative coins, stamps
- Opposition activist Uladzimir Yaromenak released on completion of three-month jail term
- Given Maidan protests, Belarusian opposition forces’ priority should be to prove that they want peaceful change, activist says
- Writer Svyatlana Aleksiyevich presents her new work at international book fair in Minsk
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN