Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- BelaPAN’s statement on blockage of its websites
The IP addresses of BelaPAN’s websites belapan.by, belapan.com and naviny.by were blocked on December 20.
- Government imposes moratorium on raising consumer prices
The Council of Ministers of Belarus has issued a directive imposing an indefinite moratorium on raising consumer prices in the country.
- Opposition activist Vasil Parfyankow flees Belarus
- Lukashenka appoints Alyaksandr Radzkow presidential aide, relieving him of position of first deputy head of Presidential Administration
- Lukashenka expected to meet with president of Ukraine on Sunday
- Lukashenka warns Minsk authorities against foot-dragging on investors' projects
- Sex shop moves into former location of evicted art center
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
Government expects National Bank’s refinance rate to decreased by half by year-end, vice premier says
The government expects the National Bank’s base refinance rate to decrease by half by the end of the year, Deputy Prime Minister Anatol Kalinin told reporters in Minsk on Tuesday.
Belarus will thus get close to the pre-crisis interest rates of loans for financing housing construction, that is, the lending terms that existed at the beginning of 2011, Mr. Kalinin said, noting that in 2010, regular housing loans carried interest rates of 14 to 19 percent.
The National Bank plans to lower its refinance rate from 45 to 43 percent on February 15. The rate was increased 12 times last year, from 10.5 to 45 percent. //BelaPAN