Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Opposition activist Vasil Parfyankow fined again for coming home too late
A district judge in Minsk on Friday sentenced prominent opposition activist Vasil Parfyankow to a fine of three million rubels ($346)...
- Education minister expresses concern over student mobility programs
There are both upsides and downsides of Belarus' involvement in student mobility programs in the framework of the Bologna Process, Education Minister Syarhey Maskevich said...
- Belarusian ambassador meets with vice president of France-Belarus friendship group in French parliament
- Belarus to invest in two engineering companies in Serbia
- Delegation of Indian parliament to visit Belarus next week
- Two opposition activists in Vitsyebsk fined for displaying signs against nuclear power plant project
- Homyel region set to increase trade with Ukraine
- Belarus has to achieve more to draw closer to rich countries, Foreign Minister Makey says
- Swedish rights defenders demonstrate against world hockey championship in Belarus
- Paval Sevyarynets uses leave of absence from correctional facility to take part in Bible copying campaign
- In pictures: Students, faculty of Belarusian State University commemorate Great Patriotic War veterans
- Days of Lithuanian Culture in Belarus opens in Minsk
Civil society activist arrested in Minsk
The deputy director of the Platforma Information and Educational Institution, Alena Krasowskaya-Kaspyarovich, is in the detention center on Akrestsina Street in Minsk, Andrey Bandarenka, head of the organization, told BelaPAN on August 1.
He said that it was unknown why she was detained and what charges she was facing. According to him, the police didn’t give any explanations, but she is expected to be accused of disorderly conduct.
Ms. Krasowskaya-Kaspyarovich was arrested on July 31, when she was going to a meeting that was to focus on certain criminal cases. //BelaPAN