Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Opposition activist Vasil Parfyankow fined again for coming home too late
A district judge in Minsk on Friday sentenced prominent opposition activist Vasil Parfyankow to a fine of three million rubels ($346)...
- Education minister expresses concern over student mobility programs
There are both upsides and downsides of Belarus' involvement in student mobility programs in the framework of the Bologna Process, Education Minister Syarhey Maskevich said...
- Belarus finishes 16th at Eurovision
- Belarusian ambassador meets with vice president of France-Belarus friendship group in French parliament
- Belarus to invest in two engineering companies in Serbia
- Delegation of Indian parliament to visit Belarus next week
- Two opposition activists in Vitsyebsk fined for displaying signs against nuclear power plant project
- Emmelie de Forest from Denmark won Eurovision
- Belarus has to achieve more to draw closer to rich countries, Foreign Minister Makey says
- Swedish rights defenders demonstrate against world hockey championship in Belarus
- Paval Sevyarynets uses leave of absence from correctional facility to take part in Bible copying campaign
- In pictures: Students, faculty of Belarusian State University commemorate Great Patriotic War veterans
Journalist Yury Humyanyuk to be laid to rest on January 23
Journalist and poet Yury Humyanyuk who died last week will be laid to rest at a cemetery in Hrodna on Wednesday.
The funeral will be preceded by a memorial service near the cemetery, according to the press office of the Belarusian Association of Journalists.
The 43-year-old correspondent of Polish Radio's Belarusian service died after falling from a ninth-story balcony in Hrodna on January 19.
Mr. Humyanyuk’s mother suggested that he had been murdered, while police said that the death was likely a suicide, according to media reports.
Mr. Humyanyuk fell to his death from the balcony of a dormitory located close to his house. According to a witness, minutes before his death, the journalist did not want to talk to anyone and looked confused.
The Investigative Committee is conducting an inquiry into the death. //BelaPAN