Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Karatkevich asks election authorities to invalidate vote results
Tatsyana Karatkevich on Wednesday formally requested the central election commission to invalidate the results of Belarus' October 6-11 presidential election.
- EU foreign ministers agree to suspend sanctions against Belarus
At their meeting in Luxembourg on Monday, the European Union’s foreign ministers agreed to provisionally suspend the bloc’s restrictive measures against the Belarusian authorities.
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Lukashenka warns of crackdown on further unsanctioned opposition protests
- Karatkevich votes for herself
- Lukashenka promises no shift in economic policy
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN