Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Young opposition activist Uladzimir Yaromenak leaves jail after completing three-month term
Young opposition activist Uladzimir Yaromenak was released from a facility in Baranavichy, Brest region, on Tuesday morning upon completion of a three-month jail term...
- Milinkevich meets with Ukrainian and European politicians in Dublin
Alyaksandr Milinkevich, chairman of the Movement for Freedom, had meetings in Dublin on Thursday and Friday with the leaders of Ukrainian parties...
- Over 9,600 observers accredited for local elections as of March 10
- Two Homyel-based opposition activists arrested near Russian embassy in Minsk
- Hramada Belarusian Social Democratic Party to hold convention on March 16
- Lukashenka set to hold large-scale government conference on agriculture
- Opposition activist Paliyenka complains to Investigative Committee about mistreatment by police
- Opposition activist Uladzimir Yaromenak released on completion of three-month jail term
- Given Maidan protests, Belarusian opposition forces’ priority should be to prove that they want peaceful change, activist says
- Writer Svyatlana Aleksiyevich presents her new work at international book fair in Minsk
- Avel director happy with filming conditions in Minsk
- First car confiscated from repeat DUI offender in Minsk auctioned off
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN