Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Domestic violence claims lives of 24 people in Belarus in first three months of 2014
About 80 percent of people who used violence at home were intoxicated, about 35 percent of them had previous convictions...
- Paznyak accuses Lukashenka of complicity in Russia’s aggression against Ukraine
“Russia de facto controls everything in Belarus,” said Mr. Paznyak
- Foreign minister cautious over possible mediation between Russia, Ukraine
- Cabinet approves loan agreement with Russia
- Director general, deputy director general of Slutsk Meat-Packing Plant arrested
- Former deputy minister misappropriated money from forestry ministry's Innovation Fund
- Lukashenka inaugurates Hotel Renaissance in Minsk
- Leader of Belarusian Popular Front warns of Russia's possible military intervention in Belarus
- Images of Slucak sashes appear on commemorative coins, stamps
- Opposition activist Uladzimir Yaromenak released on completion of three-month jail term
- Given Maidan protests, Belarusian opposition forces’ priority should be to prove that they want peaceful change, activist says
- Writer Svyatlana Aleksiyevich presents her new work at international book fair in Minsk
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN