Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Public Bologna Committee presents report on Belarus’ readiness to join European Higher Education Area
A group of Belarusian experts and civil society activists called the Public Bologna Committee presented an alternative report...
- NGO, opposition coalition launch campaign to monitor presidential election
An NGO pushing for democratic elections and an opposition alliance have announced the start of a joint campaign to monitor this year’s presidential election.
- Belarus supports Ukraine as indivisible unitary state, ambassador says
- Brest government bans 18 anti-Lukashenka demonstrations
- Former presidential candidate appeals fine imposed for commemorating 19th century anti-Russian insurgents
- Providers of paid medical services banned from raising their prices
- Authorities scrap fee on foreign exchange purchase by legal entities
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
- Minsk adorned by New Year illumination
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN