Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Presidential election set for October 11
The House of Representatives of the Belarusian National Assembly unanimously voted Tuesday to set October 11 as the date for a presidential election.
- Human rights groups condemn European Olympic Committees for “sportswashing” human rights abuses in Azerbaijan
The coalition also condemns EOC President Patrick Hickey for praising the Azerbaijani leader, Ilham Aliyev.
- Karatkevich seeking to stage three demonstrations in Minsk on July 15
- Top election official expresses hope that coming presidential election campaign will not be boring
- Yarmoshyna pledges to try to give foreign election observers no cause for criticism
- Tatsyana Karatkevich set to collect 120,000 ballot-access signatures
- Quarter of adult Belarusians are smokers, official statisticians say
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN