Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Alleged subway bomb hoaxer, sex offender gets nine years in prison
A district judge in Minsk imposed a nine-year prison sentence on of a man arrested over an SMS message containing a hoax bomb threat and later charged with sexual offenses...
- Contact Group on Ukraine adopts memorandum
The Contact Group on Ukraine adopted a memorandum in the early hours of Saturday as a result of six-hour talks in Minsk, which provided for the establishment...
- CIS Executive Committee silent on whether Ukraine will participate in summit in Minsk
- Human rights defender Alena Tankachova may be stripped of her residence permit
- Russian watchdog says that banned EU food continues to be smuggled from Belarus
- Belarus to sign agreement with Chile on visa-free travel for holders of diplomatic passports
- Belarusians of North America hold conference in New York
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
- Forest protection workers take to skies to detect wildfires
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN