Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Belarus set to borrow $1 billion from IMF in 2017
Belarus plans to borrow $1 billion from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in 2017, according to a draft macroeconomic forecast drawn up by the government.
- Lukashenka: Belarus ready to become Shanghai Cooperation Organization's "western gate"
Belarus is ready to expand relations with China and the SCO.
- Permanent council of pro-democracy organizations to be established in Belarus
- KGB completes investigation into charges against businessman Yapryntsaw, his son
- Opposition organizations drawing up preliminary lists of parliamentary hopefuls
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Opposition activists stage Chernobyl anniversary march in Minsk
- Firefighters hold stair-climbing race in Minsk
- Writer Aleksiyevich attends launch event for collection of her interviews, speeches
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN