Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Stake in Hrodna Azot attracts no bids
The government has failed to find a buyer for a stake in state-owned chemical company Hrodna Azot through a bidding contest.
- Rights defender Bandarenka denies hooliganism charge during trial
Prominent human rights defender Andrey Bandarenka on Tuesday admitted hitting two women during a drunken fight but said that he had been acting in self-defense.
- Opposition activist Dabratvor sentenced to 14 days in jail for allegedly uttering obscenities
- Retail sales of vodka reported down 6.5 percent in first half of 2014
- Belarus said to have paid almost $1.8 billion in export duties on petroleum products to Russia in first half of 2014
- EU urged to impose visa bans on three local government officials in Mahilyow region
- Former Foreign Minister Latypaw joins supervisory board of Alfa Bank
- Vintage motorcycles on show near Minsk
- German MP says that she is in favor of cooperation with Belarus but will not forget about political prisoners
- Slavyanski Bazar festival ends with gala concert in Vitsyebsk
- German embassy donates humanitarian aid to orphanage in Minsk
- Children lay flowers at monument to Yanka Kupala on his 132nd birth anniversary
Belarusian ambassador to Italy attends Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization in Verona
Yawhen Shastakow, the Belarusian ambassador to Italy, attended the Eurasian Forum for Innovation and Internationalization that was held in Verona, Italy, on October 17 and 18.
The Forum deal with issues relating to power generation, environmental protection, telecommunications, transportation, governance, and finance, according to the press office of the Belarusian foreign ministry.
Participating in the Forum were, among others, Grigory Rapota, state secretary of the Union State of Belarus and Russia, Tatyana Valovaya, a member of the Eurasian Economic Commission's board on integration development and macroeconomics, and top managers of major industrial companies and financial institutions in the CIS, Italy and China.
Speaking during the Forum, Mr. Shastakow told participants about Belarus' stance on integration processes within the post-Soviet region and about the competitive advantages of Belarus and business opportunities for Italian companies.
Mr. Shastakow held talks with managers of a number of Italian companies to discuss the prospects for strengthening ties between the two countries at the level of provinces, measures to develop bilateral trade and economic cooperation, and preparations for Belarus' participation in the 2015 Universal Exposition, scheduled to be held in Milan, Italy. //BelaPAN