Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Opposition politician defends «people's referendum» proposal
Three opposition organizations' intention to hold what they call a “people’s referendum” is aimed at securing changes in people's minds and the country's political system...
- Information ministry re-registers intellectual magazine Arche
The information ministry has granted an application for the re-registration of the Belarusian-language intellectual magazine Arche...
- Opposition activists in Brest region collect over 1000 signatures against charging people for visiting inpatient hospitals
- Minsk accused of ignoring human rights obligations
- EU will not soften stance on Minsk, Belarusian Popular Front leader says
- Eighth Independent Trade Union activist at crushed stone mining company Hranit loses his job
- Lukashenka expresses concern over rise in finished product inventories
- Emmelie de Forest from Denmark won Eurovision
- Belarus has to achieve more to draw closer to rich countries, Foreign Minister Makey says
- Swedish rights defenders demonstrate against world hockey championship in Belarus
- Paval Sevyarynets uses leave of absence from correctional facility to take part in Bible copying campaign
- In pictures: Students, faculty of Belarusian State University commemorate Great Patriotic War veterans
Syarhey Kavalenka called persistent violator of prison rules
Syarhey Kavalenka has been listed as a persistent violator of prison rules in Correctional Institution No. 19 in Mahilyow, the wife of the 37-year-old opposition activist told BelaPAN on Friday.
"I don't know for what offenses he was given this status," Alena Kavalenka said. "What I know is that he is now allowed to spend only 100,000 rubels [$12] a month on food, five times less than before."
According to Mrs. Kavalenka, her husband works for about two hours every day, making grocery bags. He also does some physical exercises but continues to have headaches, she said.
"Syarhey has not yet received a parcel of medicines that I sent to him a week ago," Mrs. Kavalenka added.