Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- BelaPAN’s statement on blockage of its websites
The IP addresses of BelaPAN’s websites belapan.by, belapan.com and naviny.by were blocked on December 20.
- Government imposes moratorium on raising consumer prices
The Council of Ministers of Belarus has issued a directive imposing an indefinite moratorium on raising consumer prices in the country.
- Opposition activist Vasil Parfyankow flees Belarus
- Lukashenka appoints Alyaksandr Radzkow presidential aide, relieving him of position of first deputy head of Presidential Administration
- Lukashenka expected to meet with president of Ukraine on Sunday
- Lukashenka warns Minsk authorities against foot-dragging on investors' projects
- Sex shop moves into former location of evicted art center
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
Group of Belarusian opposition leaders to visit USA
The leaders of three opposition parties, Vintsuk Vyachorka of the Belarusian Popular Front, Anatol Lyabedzka of the United Civic Party and Syarhey Kalyakin of the Belarusian Party of Communists, as well as Iryna Kazulin, the wife of imprisoned former presidential candidate Alyaksandr Kazulin, left for the United States on Sunday afternoon.
As Mr. Kalyakin had told BelaPAN, during the visit, the delegation would have meetings with members of both chambers of the US Congress, Department of State officials, and representatives of non-governmental organizations. "Our main task is to tell them about the present situation in Belarus," Mr. Kalyakin said. "We'll also discuss the USA's possible influence on processes that are taking place in Belarus. There are opportunities, including diplomatic ones, to exert influence on the Belarusian government."
According to Mr. Kalyakin, they would suggest that the United States, the European Union and Russia should cooperate to develop a common policy regarding Belarus. "We would like this policy to be aimed at making Belarus a full member of the democratic community of states and a rule-of-law and rapidly developing nation," he said.
The trip is to last until March 5. //BelaPAN