Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Human rights groups condemn European Olympic Committees for “sportswashing” human rights abuses in Azerbaijan
The coalition also condemns EOC President Patrick Hickey for praising the Azerbaijani leader, Ilham Aliyev.
- Kobryn-based opposition activist Ales Mekh launches presidential bid
Apart from Mr. Mekh, six persons have already announced their intention to run in this year’s presidential election...
- Quarter of adult Belarusians are smokers, official statisticians say
- Experts draw up media reform “roadmap” in framework of Reforum projec
- Leader of Belarusian Popular Front skeptical about new Nyaklyayew-led movement
- Authorities have no plans for liberalization, Belarusian Popular Front leader says
- Second session of pro-independence congress expected to be held in Minsk on June 7
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
Two fighter jets collide in mid-air in Brest region, no casualties reported
Two fighter jets collided in mid-air while performing complicated maneuvers during training flights in the Brest region late on Wednesday, with one warplane crashing to the ground as a result, the defense ministry's press office said, as quoted by BelaPAN.
The pilot of the badly damaged MiG-29 managed to steer the aircraft away from a populated area and ejected to safety before it crashed in a field.
The second MiG-29 involved in the collision safely landed at a military airfield, according to the press office.
Both warplanes are part of the fleet of the 927th Air Force Base in Byaroza, Brest region.
The Belarusian Military Prosecutor's Office has opened an inquiry into the accident. Experts of the defense ministry, the Air Force and the prosecutor's office have arrived at the scene to establish the cause of the collision.