Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Experts lambaste 30-percent tax on purchases of foreign currency
Experts have criticized the government's move to introduce a 30-percent tax on purchases of foreign currency by individuals and legal entities.
- Authorities introduce 30-percent tax on foreign currency purchases
The NBB press office said that the "temporary" measure was needed to prevent negative trends in the foreign currency and financial markets and make rubel deposits more attractive.
- Lukashenka expected to meet with president of Ukraine on Sunday
- Lukashenka warns Minsk authorities against foot-dragging on investors' projects
- Sex shop moves into former location of evicted art center
- Lukashenka orders Minsk authorities to keep prices at bay during New Year’s celebration period
- Lukashenka hails proposal to establish "municipal retail chain" in Minsk
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
Two fighter jets collide in mid-air in Brest region, no casualties reported
Two fighter jets collided in mid-air while performing complicated maneuvers during training flights in the Brest region late on Wednesday, with one warplane crashing to the ground as a result, the defense ministry's press office said, as quoted by BelaPAN.
The pilot of the badly damaged MiG-29 managed to steer the aircraft away from a populated area and ejected to safety before it crashed in a field.
The second MiG-29 involved in the collision safely landed at a military airfield, according to the press office.
Both warplanes are part of the fleet of the 927th Air Force Base in Byaroza, Brest region.
The Belarusian Military Prosecutor's Office has opened an inquiry into the accident. Experts of the defense ministry, the Air Force and the prosecutor's office have arrived at the scene to establish the cause of the collision.