Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Lukashenka meets with Pope Francis in Vatican
Alyaksandr Lukashenka on Saturday had a 40-minute private audience with Pope Francis in the pontiff’s studio in the Vatican.
- Homyel man sentenced to death for raping and murdering two women
Syarhey Vostrykaw, a 33-year-old resident of Homyel, was sentenced on Thursday to death for raping and murdering two women.
- Permanent council of pro-democracy organizations to be established in Belarus
- KGB completes investigation into charges against businessman Yapryntsaw, his son
- Opposition organizations drawing up preliminary lists of parliamentary hopefuls
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Opposition activists stage Chernobyl anniversary march in Minsk
- Firefighters hold stair-climbing race in Minsk
- Writer Aleksiyevich attends launch event for collection of her interviews, speeches
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
Two fighter jets collide in mid-air in Brest region, no casualties reported
Two fighter jets collided in mid-air while performing complicated maneuvers during training flights in the Brest region late on Wednesday, with one warplane crashing to the ground as a result, the defense ministry's press office said, as quoted by BelaPAN.
The pilot of the badly damaged MiG-29 managed to steer the aircraft away from a populated area and ejected to safety before it crashed in a field.
The second MiG-29 involved in the collision safely landed at a military airfield, according to the press office.
Both warplanes are part of the fleet of the 927th Air Force Base in Byaroza, Brest region.
The Belarusian Military Prosecutor's Office has opened an inquiry into the accident. Experts of the defense ministry, the Air Force and the prosecutor's office have arrived at the scene to establish the cause of the collision.