Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Karatkevich asks election authorities to invalidate vote results
Tatsyana Karatkevich on Wednesday formally requested the central election commission to invalidate the results of Belarus' October 6-11 presidential election.
- EU foreign ministers agree to suspend sanctions against Belarus
At their meeting in Luxembourg on Monday, the European Union’s foreign ministers agreed to provisionally suspend the bloc’s restrictive measures against the Belarusian authorities.
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Lukashenka warns of crackdown on further unsanctioned opposition protests
- Karatkevich votes for herself
- Lukashenka promises no shift in economic policy
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
Two fighter jets collide in mid-air in Brest region, no casualties reported
Two fighter jets collided in mid-air while performing complicated maneuvers during training flights in the Brest region late on Wednesday, with one warplane crashing to the ground as a result, the defense ministry's press office said, as quoted by BelaPAN.
The pilot of the badly damaged MiG-29 managed to steer the aircraft away from a populated area and ejected to safety before it crashed in a field.
The second MiG-29 involved in the collision safely landed at a military airfield, according to the press office.
Both warplanes are part of the fleet of the 927th Air Force Base in Byaroza, Brest region.
The Belarusian Military Prosecutor's Office has opened an inquiry into the accident. Experts of the defense ministry, the Air Force and the prosecutor's office have arrived at the scene to establish the cause of the collision.