Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Public Bologna Committee presents report on Belarus’ readiness to join European Higher Education Area
A group of Belarusian experts and civil society activists called the Public Bologna Committee presented an alternative report...
- NGO, opposition coalition launch campaign to monitor presidential election
An NGO pushing for democratic elections and an opposition alliance have announced the start of a joint campaign to monitor this year’s presidential election.
- Belarus supports Ukraine as indivisible unitary state, ambassador says
- Brest government bans 18 anti-Lukashenka demonstrations
- Former presidential candidate appeals fine imposed for commemorating 19th century anti-Russian insurgents
- Providers of paid medical services banned from raising their prices
- Authorities scrap fee on foreign exchange purchase by legal entities
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
- Minsk adorned by New Year illumination
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
Two fighter jets collide in mid-air in Brest region, no casualties reported
Two fighter jets collided in mid-air while performing complicated maneuvers during training flights in the Brest region late on Wednesday, with one warplane crashing to the ground as a result, the defense ministry's press office said, as quoted by BelaPAN.
The pilot of the badly damaged MiG-29 managed to steer the aircraft away from a populated area and ejected to safety before it crashed in a field.
The second MiG-29 involved in the collision safely landed at a military airfield, according to the press office.
Both warplanes are part of the fleet of the 927th Air Force Base in Byaroza, Brest region.
The Belarusian Military Prosecutor's Office has opened an inquiry into the accident. Experts of the defense ministry, the Air Force and the prosecutor's office have arrived at the scene to establish the cause of the collision.