Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Presidential election set for October 11
The House of Representatives of the Belarusian National Assembly unanimously voted Tuesday to set October 11 as the date for a presidential election.
- Human rights groups condemn European Olympic Committees for “sportswashing” human rights abuses in Azerbaijan
The coalition also condemns EOC President Patrick Hickey for praising the Azerbaijani leader, Ilham Aliyev.
- Karatkevich seeking to stage three demonstrations in Minsk on July 15
- Top election official expresses hope that coming presidential election campaign will not be boring
- Yarmoshyna pledges to try to give foreign election observers no cause for criticism
- Tatsyana Karatkevich set to collect 120,000 ballot-access signatures
- Quarter of adult Belarusians are smokers, official statisticians say
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
Belarus will never recognize Kosovo's independence, says ambassador to Serbia
Belarus will never recognize the independence of Kosovo, Uladzimir Chushaw, the Belarusian ambassador to Serbia, said in an interview published by a Serbian paper on May 27.
"The Kosovo wounds are hurting us very much," he was quoted as saying.
Mr. Chushaw called for boosting bilateral trade and said that the two countries had great opportunities for stepping up economic, cultural, educational and sports cooperation.
"In the past five years trade between our countries tripled and reached a record high of $145 million last year," the ambassador said, adding that Belarus and Serbia planned to further increase two-way trade to $500 million.
He recommended Serbia to use a 2009 free trade agreement with Belarus for promoting their goods in the Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia. //BelaPAN