Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Milinkevich meets with Ukrainian and European politicians in Dublin
Alyaksandr Milinkevich, chairman of the Movement for Freedom, had meetings in Dublin on Thursday and Friday with the leaders of Ukrainian parties...
- Lukashenka opposed to Moscow-based joint potash trader
Belarus will not agree to establish a new joint trader with Russian potash producer Uralkali if it is based in Moscow...
- Myasnikovich tells ministers to have more active involvement in work on Eurasian Economic Union treaty
- Mahilyow Regional Court upholds denial of registration as candidate for Mahilyow City Soviet for local civil society activist
- Belarusian Olympic champion Ala Tsuper changes her mind about retiring
- Individuals said to have bought $19.5 million more foreign exchange than they sold in February
- Judge fines opposition candidate for Minsk City Soviet
- Given Maidan protests, Belarusian opposition forces’ priority should be to prove that they want peaceful change, activist says
- Writer Svyatlana Aleksiyevich presents her new work at international book fair in Minsk
- Avel director happy with filming conditions in Minsk
- First car confiscated from repeat DUI offender in Minsk auctioned off
- Election commissions register 16,021 nomination groups
Belarus will never recognize Kosovo's independence, says ambassador to Serbia
Belarus will never recognize the independence of Kosovo, Uladzimir Chushaw, the Belarusian ambassador to Serbia, said in an interview published by a Serbian paper on May 27.
"The Kosovo wounds are hurting us very much," he was quoted as saying.
Mr. Chushaw called for boosting bilateral trade and said that the two countries had great opportunities for stepping up economic, cultural, educational and sports cooperation.
"In the past five years trade between our countries tripled and reached a record high of $145 million last year," the ambassador said, adding that Belarus and Serbia planned to further increase two-way trade to $500 million.
He recommended Serbia to use a 2009 free trade agreement with Belarus for promoting their goods in the Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia. //BelaPAN