Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Belarus set to borrow $1 billion from IMF in 2017
Belarus plans to borrow $1 billion from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in 2017, according to a draft macroeconomic forecast drawn up by the government.
- Lukashenka: Belarus ready to become Shanghai Cooperation Organization's "western gate"
Belarus is ready to expand relations with China and the SCO.
- Permanent council of pro-democracy organizations to be established in Belarus
- KGB completes investigation into charges against businessman Yapryntsaw, his son
- Opposition organizations drawing up preliminary lists of parliamentary hopefuls
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Opposition activists stage Chernobyl anniversary march in Minsk
- Firefighters hold stair-climbing race in Minsk
- Writer Aleksiyevich attends launch event for collection of her interviews, speeches
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
BelaPAN’s statement on blockage of its websites
The IP addresses of BelaPAN’s websites belapan.by, belapan.com and naviny.by were blocked on December 20.
It is still unknown who did that and for what reason. However, it is clear that the decision to block the ID addresses could only be made by authorities as in Belarus the government has monopoly on providing IP addresses.
BelaPAN had not received any official warning or notification about the coming blockage.
The new amendments to the Media Law, which allow the blockage of websites, will come into force only on January 1, 2015. In this regard we view the blockage of the IP addresses of BelaPAN as a gross infringement of freedom of expression and media freedom in Belarus.
We are taking all possible measures to obtain exhaustive information from government agencies as to who made the decision to block our websites and on what grounds.