Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Lukashenka approves proposals for «improving» electoral process
He was commenting on the results of Mr. Lukashenka's meeting with top election officials and government officials on Wednesday.
- Lukashenka: Parliamentary elections should be held in democratic atmosphere
Mr. Lukashenka reportedly warned that no numerical restrictions should be placed on foreign observers.
- Permanent council of pro-democracy organizations to be established in Belarus
- KGB completes investigation into charges against businessman Yapryntsaw, his son
- Opposition organizations drawing up preliminary lists of parliamentary hopefuls
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Opposition activists stage Chernobyl anniversary march in Minsk
- Firefighters hold stair-climbing race in Minsk
- Writer Aleksiyevich attends launch event for collection of her interviews, speeches
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.