Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- BelaPAN’s statement on blockage of its websites
The IP addresses of BelaPAN’s websites belapan.by, belapan.com and naviny.by were blocked on December 20.
- Government imposes moratorium on raising consumer prices
The Council of Ministers of Belarus has issued a directive imposing an indefinite moratorium on raising consumer prices in the country.
- Opposition activist Vasil Parfyankow flees Belarus
- Lukashenka appoints Alyaksandr Radzkow presidential aide, relieving him of position of first deputy head of Presidential Administration
- Lukashenka expected to meet with president of Ukraine on Sunday
- Lukashenka warns Minsk authorities against foot-dragging on investors' projects
- Sex shop moves into former location of evicted art center
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.