Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Presidential election set for October 11
The House of Representatives of the Belarusian National Assembly unanimously voted Tuesday to set October 11 as the date for a presidential election.
- Human rights groups condemn European Olympic Committees for “sportswashing” human rights abuses in Azerbaijan
The coalition also condemns EOC President Patrick Hickey for praising the Azerbaijani leader, Ilham Aliyev.
- Karatkevich seeking to stage three demonstrations in Minsk on July 15
- Top election official expresses hope that coming presidential election campaign will not be boring
- Yarmoshyna pledges to try to give foreign election observers no cause for criticism
- Tatsyana Karatkevich set to collect 120,000 ballot-access signatures
- Quarter of adult Belarusians are smokers, official statisticians say
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.