Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Milinkevich meets with Ukrainian and European politicians in Dublin
Alyaksandr Milinkevich, chairman of the Movement for Freedom, had meetings in Dublin on Thursday and Friday with the leaders of Ukrainian parties...
- Lukashenka opposed to Moscow-based joint potash trader
Belarus will not agree to establish a new joint trader with Russian potash producer Uralkali if it is based in Moscow...
- Myasnikovich tells ministers to have more active involvement in work on Eurasian Economic Union treaty
- Mahilyow Regional Court upholds denial of registration as candidate for Mahilyow City Soviet for local civil society activist
- Belarusian Olympic champion Ala Tsuper changes her mind about retiring
- Individuals said to have bought $19.5 million more foreign exchange than they sold in February
- Judge fines opposition candidate for Minsk City Soviet
- Given Maidan protests, Belarusian opposition forces’ priority should be to prove that they want peaceful change, activist says
- Writer Svyatlana Aleksiyevich presents her new work at international book fair in Minsk
- Avel director happy with filming conditions in Minsk
- First car confiscated from repeat DUI offender in Minsk auctioned off
- Election commissions register 16,021 nomination groups
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.