Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Alleged subway bomb hoaxer, sex offender gets nine years in prison
A district judge in Minsk imposed a nine-year prison sentence on of a man arrested over an SMS message containing a hoax bomb threat and later charged with sexual offenses...
- Contact Group on Ukraine adopts memorandum
The Contact Group on Ukraine adopted a memorandum in the early hours of Saturday as a result of six-hour talks in Minsk, which provided for the establishment...
- CIS Executive Committee silent on whether Ukraine will participate in summit in Minsk
- Human rights defender Alena Tankachova may be stripped of her residence permit
- Russian watchdog says that banned EU food continues to be smuggled from Belarus
- Belarus to sign agreement with Chile on visa-free travel for holders of diplomatic passports
- Belarusians of North America hold conference in New York
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
- Forest protection workers take to skies to detect wildfires
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.