Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Information ministry re-registers intellectual magazine Arche
The information ministry has granted an application for the re-registration of the Belarusian-language intellectual magazine Arche...
- European Parliament's rapporteur recommends suspension of travel bans against Belarusian officials
Justas Paleckis, the European Parliament's rapporteur on Belarus, has recommended the suspension of the visa ban against key Belarusian officials...
- Eighth Independent Trade Union activist at crushed stone mining company Hranit loses his job
- Lukashenka expresses concern over rise in finished product inventories
- Director of tannery arrested in Mahilyow
- Belarusian ambassador visits Brazil's state of Para
- English translation of illustrated history of Belarus launched in Minsk
- Emmelie de Forest from Denmark won Eurovision
- Belarus has to achieve more to draw closer to rich countries, Foreign Minister Makey says
- Swedish rights defenders demonstrate against world hockey championship in Belarus
- Paval Sevyarynets uses leave of absence from correctional facility to take part in Bible copying campaign
- In pictures: Students, faculty of Belarusian State University commemorate Great Patriotic War veterans
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.