Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Bruce Bucknell. Remember Crimea
A year ago, the Kremlin helped stage an illegal and illegitimate “referendum” in Crimea that culminated in Russia annexing Crimea from Ukraine...
- High-ranking EU official meets with Belarusian civil society activists
Helga Schmid, deputy secretary general at the European External Action Service, met with representatives of Belarus’ civil society in Minsk.
- Biathlon Youth and Junior World Championships draw to close near Minsk
- US State Department’s envoy to visit Belarus this week
- Lukashenka meets with EEAS deputy secretary general
- EU foreign ministers, Brussels officials expected to visit Minsk soon
- Poroshenko upbeat about relations with Belarus
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
- Minsk adorned by New Year illumination
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.