Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Karatkevich asks election authorities to invalidate vote results
Tatsyana Karatkevich on Wednesday formally requested the central election commission to invalidate the results of Belarus' October 6-11 presidential election.
- EU foreign ministers agree to suspend sanctions against Belarus
At their meeting in Luxembourg on Monday, the European Union’s foreign ministers agreed to provisionally suspend the bloc’s restrictive measures against the Belarusian authorities.
- Five-year social and economic development to be adopted at All-Belarusian People’s Assembly
- Lukashenka said to have won with 83.49 percent
- Lukashenka warns of crackdown on further unsanctioned opposition protests
- Karatkevich votes for herself
- Lukashenka promises no shift in economic policy
- Rescuers stage massive exercise at sports center in Minsk
- Revelers in Minsk celebrate end of Butter Week
- Leaders of France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine arrive in Minsk for summit on Ukraine crisis
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.