Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Minsk may host talks on Ukraine crisis
Ukrainian official confirms that trilateral talks may take place in Minsk.
- Stake in Hrodna Azot attracts no bids
The government has failed to find a buyer for a stake in state-owned chemical company Hrodna Azot through a bidding contest.
- West's sanctions against Russia may hit Belarusian exports, economists predict
- Opposition activist Dabratvor sentenced to 14 days in jail for allegedly uttering obscenities
- Retail sales of vodka reported down 6.5 percent in first half of 2014
- Belarus said to have paid almost $1.8 billion in export duties on petroleum products to Russia in first half of 2014
- EU urged to impose visa bans on three local government officials in Mahilyow region
- Vintage motorcycles on show near Minsk
- German MP says that she is in favor of cooperation with Belarus but will not forget about political prisoners
- Slavyanski Bazar festival ends with gala concert in Vitsyebsk
- German embassy donates humanitarian aid to orphanage in Minsk
- Children lay flowers at monument to Yanka Kupala on his 132nd birth anniversary
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.