Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Priest Lazar released from KGB jail
The Roman Catholic Church in Belarus has announced in a statement that priest Uladzislaw Lazar has been released from the KGB...
- Government considers early introduction of certification requirement, official says
The government considers abolishing a rule that allows market vendors to sell imported clothing and footwear that has not been certified as compliant with...
- Lukashenka grants awards, titles to 72 people
- Hundreds of mobile phones, tablet computers seized by Belarusian customs officers at Lithuanian border
- Some 21,000 people in Belarus exempted from German visa fee this year
- Four historical buildings in Mahilyow stripped of their heritage status
- Small business association pushing for access to latest version of draft presidential edict
- Fire damages Grand Choral Synagogue of Hrodna
- Belarus remains at bottom of Eastern Partnership media freedom list, expert says
- Awards ceremony at Listapad International Film Festival
- Government expert praises environmental group for readiness for "dialogue" on nuclear power
- At least 377,000 people were executed by NKVD in Belarus, historian says
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.