Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Public Bologna Committee presents report on Belarus’ readiness to join European Higher Education Area
A group of Belarusian experts and civil society activists called the Public Bologna Committee presented an alternative report...
- NGO, opposition coalition launch campaign to monitor presidential election
An NGO pushing for democratic elections and an opposition alliance have announced the start of a joint campaign to monitor this year’s presidential election.
- Belarus supports Ukraine as indivisible unitary state, ambassador says
- Brest government bans 18 anti-Lukashenka demonstrations
- Former presidential candidate appeals fine imposed for commemorating 19th century anti-Russian insurgents
- Providers of paid medical services banned from raising their prices
- Authorities scrap fee on foreign exchange purchase by legal entities
- United Kingdom’s Visa Application Center in Minsk moves into permanent office
- Minsk residents paying tribute to victims of Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris
- Minsk adorned by New Year illumination
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.