Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Polish rock musician denied Belarusian visa
Dariusz Malejonek had his application for a Belarusian visa rejected because of his band's participation in a concert in Kyiv's Independence Square...
- Lukashenka urges diplomats to look for strategic partners worldwide
Diplomats should look for strategic partners in all regions of the world to enable Belarus to establish close economic ties similar to those it has with Venezuela...
- Lithuania to establish visa application centers in Belarus
- Uladzimir Makey to attend EU-Eastern Partnership ministerial meeting in Brussels on Tuesday
- Human rights defenders in Zhodzina, Rechytsa set to demonstrate in support of political prisoners
- Elderly Belarusian woman arrested by Egyptian border guards after fleeing Gaza violence
- Western sanctions against Russia may hit Belarus, economist warns
- German MP says that she is in favor of cooperation with Belarus but will not forget about political prisoners
- Slavyanski Bazar festival ends with gala concert in Vitsyebsk
- German embassy donates humanitarian aid to orphanage in Minsk
- Children lay flowers at monument to Yanka Kupala on his 132nd birth anniversary
- Paintings on display at Belarusian State Museum of History of Great Patriotic War
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.