Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Minsk City Council approves appointment of Andrey Shorats as head of Minsk city government
Mr. Shorats was appointed to the position by Alyaksandr Lukashenka on November 6. He replaced Mikalay Ladutska...
- Valery Fralow dies at 67
Valery Fralow, a prominent opposition figure and retired military general, has died a sudden death in Minsk at the age of 67.
- Economic growth is not top priority this year, prime minister says
- Russian filmmaker Govorukhin gets Lukashenka’s spirituality award
- Belarusian Party of Greens may nominate its own presidential contender
- Left-wing groups set to hold social forum in Minsk this month
- Young commissioned officer shoots himself dead in military unit in Brest region
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.