Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Lukashenka defends cautious stance on Crimea
Alyaksandr Lukashenka has defended his cautious reaction to the annexation of Ukraine's Crimea by Russia.
- Lukashenka claims that Yanukovych financed Right Sector
Viktor Yanukovych and his inner circle financed Right Sector, Alyaksandr Lukashenka claimed Friday in Minsk.
- Lukashenka modest about his role in Ukraine peace efforts
- Lukashenka acknowledges lack of state ideology in Belarus
- Opposition politician Marynich dies at 74
- Lukashenka hits out at Russia for its tax move
- There are between up to 30,000 Ukrainian refugees in Belarus, Lukashenka says
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
- Forest protection workers take to skies to detect wildfires
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.