Другие материалы рубрики «English»
- Russia bans products of nine Belarusian meat-packing companies
This decision was made as a result of extensive efforts to monitor the quality of Belarusian food.
- Minsk City Council approves appointment of Andrey Shorats as head of Minsk city government
Mr. Shorats was appointed to the position by Alyaksandr Lukashenka on November 6. He replaced Mikalay Ladutska...
- Two Russian brothers charged with attempted escape from custody following incident at Minsk courthouse
- Young opposition activist Haydukow released after being charged with minor offense
- Driver runs over and kills nine-year-old girl in Lida, police find the body in his van
- Russian woman crowned Mrs. World as representative of Belarus
- Lukashenka: I may become university professor after leaving my office
- Dzyady march ends with rally at Stalin-era massacre site
- Minsk hosts first-ever Belarusian-language sports festival
- Waste heaps in Belaruskali potash mining area
- Exhibition of Belarusian-grown grape in Minsk
- Minsk hosts Belarusian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
UNICEF Executive Board authorizes new country program for Belarus
The Executive Board of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) authorized the 2011-15 UNICEF country program for Belarus during its second regular session of 2010 in New York on September 8, BelaPAN reports.
The program is aimed at developing the national potential for protecting children and mothers in accordance with the priorities of Belarus and of UNICEF, Andrey Savinykh, spokesman for the Belarusian foreign ministry, told reporters in Minsk on Thursday.
The amount of assistance available to Belarus under the program has been increased by more than 30 percent to exceed $8 million, Mr. Savinykh said.